CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Random Saturday Thoughts

I so dislike having our blog lay dormant for so long, but it has been so hard to find time to post. There is alot going with the end of school and the move upon us. Yes, I said move. Not out of MOJO land, mind you. Just down the street a few blocks. A few weeks ago, we decided to take the plunge and buy my Grandaddy's house. That is all I have the energy to say about that right now. I am very excited, however, very overwhelmed. I promise to post more of the details soon. (I'm sure you are all sitting on the edge of your seats...:)

When I got up at 6:00 this morning to let the dogs out, my mind started racing with all that is going on right now. Nothing too major, just alot of "stuff". So in my typical fashion, I started making a mental list. So here goes...my random list of thoughts for the day:

-I sure hope that this lady wants to buy our house so we don't have to put it on the market.

-I wonder how long our freshly cleaned carpet will stay clean.

-I sure hope the lady makes it over to see the house while the floors are still polished and cleaned.

-I wonder how much the renovations on Grandaddy's house are going to cost.

-I really wish that it was possible for me to fly to Houston next week to see my sister.

-July still seems like a long time to wait to see my sister.

-July will be here before I know it.

-I'm ready for school to be out.

-I hope we have made the right decision about waiting another year for Cason to go to kindergarten.

-I love this house.

-I think I love Grandaddy's house more.

-I want Robbi and Sherman (our neighbors) to move with us.

-I hope Bryson deals with this change well.

-Wade and I have been married for 12 years...I wonder if we are buying presents for each other this year or will just go out and celebrate.

-I will suggest we just go out to celebrate. I have been trying too hard to de-clutter. I don't want to add anything new at this point.

-I need to get with Trisha this week and figure out exactly what needs to be done for our summer kid's program at church.

-I am excited about our summer activities at church.

-I am ready for school to be out so that I can focus on children's ministry.

-I really, really can't wait to see my sister.

Well, there you have it. Random thoughts for the moment. I'm sure there will be more added to the list as the day progresses.

Happy Saturday, friends!

6 comments:

SS said...

That's a lot of thoughts for one morning. As for the gift giving, jewelery is small and doesn't clutter up anything :)

Cheryl said...

Your sister can't wait to see you either!

And I simply CANNOT tell you how THRILLED I am that Mamma and Grandaddy's house will still be in our family. THRILLED. (Sherman and Robbi could move in across the street...that house has a pool too!)

Love you so much!!!!

(how about you ask for a ticket to Houston for your anniversary? it wouldn't clutter anything up!)

Darla said...

I am so excited about your move! Let us know when you need our help. Ok, I mean let me know when you need Matt's help and organizion skills. I mean his OCD for organision and need to have things clean.

realitymomma said...

nobody's mind should have that many thoughts at 6:00 am on a saturday morning! go back to sleep and deal with it on monday!!!

it sounds as stressful as it is, that things will be for the best. God's plans are sometimes stressful and more work, but they sure do pay off in the long run....

Rochelle said...

Congrats on the new house! Finding a house in Odessa is a huge accomplishment these days. Sounds like you have a fun summer ahead of you! One of these days we're going to run into each other around town.

Mommysmart said...

Congratulations! I have moved six times in 11 1/2 years, so here is my advice.....

Pay other people to do all of the work.

Or fake like you are sick

Or play the "but I am a woman and can't lift that heavy stuff" card

Or Get pregnant...you won't have to do a thing

Ok, maybe just pay people.

Best wishes. I will pray that everything goes smoothly.