CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Letter to a friend...

Dear Diet Coke,

This is just a little note to let you know that I have not forgotten about you. I miss you terribly. I'm so sorry that the taste and even the smell of you make me sick right now. It has been six long weeks since I have experienced your joy. Please know that I still think of all the good times we have had over the past 20+ years. I feel sure that this is temporary. I know that Sonic misses me just as much as you do. But, for now, all my precious little baby will let me stomach is cold water, iced tea (!?!) and lemonade. I hope to see you soon, my friend.

Love and regrets,
Cherise

P.S. Please let your good friend COFFEE know that I miss him too. However, the actual thought of him right now makes me violently ill....

**Sigh**

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Too funny. Too sad. All at the same time. Will our children ever really know all that we have sacrificed for them?!?!?
Carry on Sister. Your Beverages will wait for you. Sonic stock will rise at your return. And some sweet, sweet day we will share a Diet Coke or Coffee moment with the Peanut now growing in your womb.

Larissa said...

I feel your pain! I was the exact same way. The utter thought of either gave me indigestion. And then just like magic the minute all my children were born...I was back! Just think, you have so much to look forward to. A new baby, and a nice diet coke or cup of coffee! :)

Mommysmart said...

OH, I feel an obligation to drink your part for the next few months.

I remember those days all too well. I did seem to find grape soda a wonderful non-caf alternative.

Are you having headaches? Take care of you!

Darla said...

I'm still laughing. Remember this day shall pass. I hope you are doing a little bit better these days. I still need to call you and see if you guys are coming for Labor day weekend?

Nicole said...

Aww man!!! No Diet Coke?? That stinks! I loved your note. Diet Coke will be back one day I'm sure. I still can't get over that you are pregnant!!

realitymomma said...

oh, i had forgot about you being pregnant. i feel this is a girl! sorry to hear about the soda. too many weird things during pregnancies. i too had a craving for like grape, orange and big red when pregnant with my first two. the 3rd i craved root beer. maybe give them a shot! but yes, in a short while, you can get a route 44! you'll need it for those long night...

SS said...

However will you survive??? That is so funny. You can have the diet coke, but I'll drink an extra cup of coffee for you. I'm so excited to meet you little GIRL!

Proud Parents said...

This made me laugh. I hope the two of you can have a long over due reunion soon.