CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas Fun

My dear friend, Amy Jo, sent this fun meme to me on e-mail. I thought that it would be fun to post on our blog. I hope some of you will join in the fun. Here goes....

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? both

2. Real tree or artificial? artificial

3. When do you put up the tree? during Thanksgiving break

4. When do you take down the tree? depends on when I have time. Lately it has been a couple of days after Christmas.

5. Do you like egg-nog? yes

6. Favorite gift received as a child? every baby doll I was ever given. To be honest, I would still find joy in receiving a baby doll.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? yes

8. Hardest person to buy for? Wade

9. Easiest person to buy for? Bryson and Cason

10. Worst gift you ever received? I can't think of any

11. Favorite Christmas movie? Christmas Vacation (I think you all probably know that by now.)

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? as soon as possible. Usually in October.

13. Have you ever recycled a present? of course

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? dessert!!!

15. Clear or colored lights on tree? colored on tree; clear on house

16. Favorite Christmas song? secular-Winter Wonderland; Christian- O, Come All Ye Faithful

17. Travel or stay home? It used to depend on the year. However, now that my parents have moved, I guess we travel every year now.

18. Can you name all of the reindeer? No. I can name the 7 dwarfs, does that count?

19. What is on top of your tree? Santa. Although I wish I had a beautiful angel like Larissa :-)

20. When do you open presents? Christmas Eve. Santa comes on Christmas morning.

21. Most annoying thing this time of year? traffic

22. Favorite ornament theme? this and that. I love everything. Especially the ones the boys make.

23. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? Chicken spaghetti on Christmas Eve. Usually turkey and dressing on Christmas Day.

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? A clean house and a long nap!

I tag EVERYONE! Merry Christmas:-)

8 comments:

Larissa said...

You made me laugh really hard! I thought that same thing the other day about socks. I don't mind doing laundry, but I hate matching socks. There are always so many left over ones!!! Yes, definately lots of socks will be in hell.

Darla said...

I also want a clean house and a long nap for Christmas. So, you want a baby doll for Christmas? I guess somethings we never out grow. Can't wait to see your Christmas program pics soon!

Larissa said...

Okay, now that I've actually had a chance to read your post, thanks for the shout out to my angel. You can borrow her sometime, really! :) And I second the clean house and long nap! I may have to wait a few years for that though...especially the clean house. I think my mom's house still isn't clean!

Rochelle said...

Hi Cherise! I found your blog through a link on Robyn's page. I enjoyed your Mojo posts. We've been in Odessa for 5 years now and you just don't understand it unless you live here. Merry Christmas!

Larissa said...

I didn't know that, about Kyle. It's a small world! I didn't know him very well, but Nathan thought the world of him and always struggled with his death. He actually died on the day we got married, but three years later (i think) I sent his mother a letter after Kyle was born and sent her a picture of him and she sent me back some pictures of her Kyle and a very nice letter. I wanted my Kyle to know who he was named after. Such a sad situation. I know she probably still struggles and always will...I can't imagine!

Cheryl said...

I love this post. I could really just cut and paste yours into my blog. My responses are mostly the same. :-)
Love you-

Rochelle said...

My husband is from Kermit so Odessa was our compromise. =) We'll have been here 5 years next month. Can't believe it's already been that long.

Nicole said...

I love that you have colored lights on your tree. I still have white lights. It's boring, but I like it. A clean house would be SOOOOO wonderful, but I am way too realistic. Haha. :) Merry Christmas friend!! I love you!